Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Hello Clare, I have a close friend who is like a daughter

Customer Question

Hello Clare, I have a close friend who is like a daughter to me, and it breaks my heart to see what the local social services have done to her life and that of her children. Her 14 year old son was taken into foster care with an elderly couple and he was happy, and his mother was allowed to see him. Then the elderly foster parents divorced and he was placed in a childrens home. He did'nt like it there at all and became depressed. He kept asking staff to go home and then they stopped his mother from visiting. All in his best interests they said. Then he was taken to a mental hospital and she feared they had driven him mad. Only today the hospital agreed she could visit her son as he was much better and asking for her. Then social workers rang to say she could not visit him, or even ring him and they had rights to detain him for 6 months. How can she get visitation rights to see her son, and can her son have a solicitor or an advorcate to hear his pleas to go home. Can you help please because she has no funds to support a court case and fears for his life and future well being. Many thanks Lyn.
When and why did the child go into Foster care?