13262538

My partner out of the blue has left me with a simple explanation

My partner out of the blue has left me with a simple explanation "our life together is not enough". I was not expecting this and as far as I am aware there is no one else.
We purchased our house together 18months ago, I put down the deposit of 30K, at a value of 200k ( it is now worth 240K). Our mortgage is 160K and I am only allowed a mortgage on my own of 100K but my parants our will to invest 60K so I can stay. There is a penalty charge of 6.5K which I will have to pay to remortgage. How can I calculate how much I legally have to pay my partner as they are not willing to walk away without anything, even though none of this is what I want. To improve the property since we purchased my mother gave us 10K for a new bathroom, kitchen etc.
Did you protect your deposit with a Declaration of Trust?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No unfortunately not as I really was not expecting this to happen.

has your ex said that they accept that you and your family have invested £40,000 in the property?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes they have but since i last emailed they have now said they will be happy to settle for a payment of 10K. I am willing to agree to this do you feel that is advisable and how should I go about it legally.

One of of calculating it is this
If the house was sold tomorrow then allowing for sale costs the equity would be £70,000
If you have £40,000 back for the kitchen and the deposit then there would be £30,000 to be divided equally between you.
On that basis her accepting £10,000 represents a good deal for you - just make sure that all the paperwork is signed!