tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer with 9 years experience of family law issues.
73598664

Hi im a tenant with joint tenancy with my wife she sign tenancy

Customer Question

Hi im a tenant with joint tenancy with my wife she sign tenancy while stating 15 months ago that we were seperated..imonths ago we were seperated she miss lead me in thing all was ok..when i found out she was seeing another guy we argu alot and i moved out..but 4 months later im trying to move in but she has now got police to give me a harrasment warnning ..where do i stand with law if i want to just move bk in.
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 2 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hi thanks for your question. My name is Tony, I can assist with this.

tdlawyer :

Why did the police give you a harassment warning - for doing what?

JACUSTOMER-qog1yute- :

My ahsdred wife told them that im always texting her and that iv put hiden cameras around the house and walk in at anytime of the day and know all that she is doing on her computer..i told police theres only one camera thats over looking my shed..and and i most times text her to ask to get post or tools from shed..as for computer i told police i log into her computer to see if she was seeing another guy..iv not sign the form as i walked out after being told i was being given this h/form.

tdlawyer :

Okay. It sounds like the best approach for you is to speak with the landlord and trying and your involvement in the tenancy, and move on and avoid any reference to your wife/former wife due to the harassment order, then seek a longer term solution if there is no future in the relationship.

tdlawyer :

The danger here is that you end up with harassment conviction, or worse still, some for the kind of order excluding your from the property and from approaching your wife.

JACUSTOMER-qog1yute- :

Hi i did not sign the form at the station as i did not agree with them and there was no evidence show to me at all just my wifes say so..so where do i stand with law on this and do i nd another interveiw woth a solicitor there.

tdlawyer :

If the police are not asking for you to go back, then you wont need an interview etc. with them.

tdlawyer :

They may have no evidence, and this is only a warning, it's just that they have to give a warning before they can take any further action you see.

tdlawyer :

It's not saying they will take further action, just basically saying that it is possible in the future.

JACUSTOMER-qog1yute- :

Ok thanks for reply do you know how it stands with me going in my house as i nd to move back in..but in the interveiw he said i should hv somone with me getting post and tools ..but i nd to move in there

tdlawyer :

Technically, if there is no order stopping you moving back in, and it's in your name too, then you are entitled to move back in. However, there is a danger to you that she might see this as harassment and start involving the police again, with the problems that all this brings.

tdlawyer :

Still, if you don't do the things you were warned about, then you should be okay, but it's worth speaking to the police and see how they would view it in light of what they have you down for on the warning.

tdlawyer :

If this answers your question please remember to rate the answer for me. Thank you.

JACUSTOMER-qog1yute- :

Just one other thing to fimd oit about my wife i put a softwear in hee computer can i be charge for this if this is found.

tdlawyer :

Is it your computer?

JACUSTOMER-qog1yute- :

Family computer ie i bought it for wife and she used it i pay for internet

tdlawyer :

Okay, I think you're at risk of being in trouble for an offence under the Computer Misuse Act and, harassment, given the warning you've already had. It's not something you really should be thinking of doing.

tdlawyer :

Does this answer your question please or would you like more information?