Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I have been living with my partner for several years. It has

Customer Question

He has today sent me a letter laying out terms for me and our son which he want's me to sign. I have been living with my partner for several years. It has not always been an easy relationship and I have been on the receiving end of, I guess mental putdowns for some time. We now have a child who is nearly four, from the moment I said I was pregnant I was told by my partner that he hoped I had the finances to bring this child up. He has reluctantly at times shared half the price of things I buy, but has never bought a book or a toy, a pram, cot or a stick of furniture for our home. Recently things have taken a downward turn and we parted. When I asked for an agreement on maintenance he accused me of trying to use our Son to blackmail him. (My partner has two older sons he sees most weekends, but while he pays £85 per month for the older boy, he doesn't help with the younger. I feel it is important for our son to see his Dad regularly, as he's brothers do now--weekly-but need to be sure what rights he has. He is being very threatening to me at present.