13262538

Me and my partner own our house as joint tenantsI have a

Me and my partner own our house as joint tenants
I have a problem with his 20 year old son coming to stay every weekend
What are my rights
Do you wish to end your relationship?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not really
Your partner has a right to have guests in the house so long as he is there.
When he is not there you can insist that his son leaves until your ex returns.
Clearly this is almost unworkable - so the only way that you can really achieve this is to end the relationship and sell the house OR go to couples counselling and explain how unhappy you are with the visits
I am sorry not to give you better news - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He wouldn't agree to sell the property he would want to buy me out. What is reasonable in terms of buying me out timescale etc. We have been to counselling a few years ago it didn't change anything. His youngest son who is 15 lives with us and we both have parental responsibility and residence order
Will the younger son stay with you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No his Dad would never agree too that although I have brought him up for the past 11 years there would be no chance he would agree to hi. Staying with me. He is 15 and despite his Mother not wanting him 11 years ago he goes to here house most weekends
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The other thing is he owns two other properties one is rented out and the second is empty mid refurb
He owned both these houses when we bought our property 8 years ago we have been together 11 years and his son has live with him and then us since December 2003.
At 15 it is what the child wants - not his father.
What would the 15 year old want?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He wouldn't go against his father, the Ouse is worth £230000 mortgage £40000 approx
How was the purchase funded?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My house sale then Kevin's matched the money I put in paid off the mortgage we just remortgaged 2 months ago to buy the equity back. We have put in. Equal amounts of money

Hi In that case you are only entitled to half of the equity - you have no claim on his other assets as you are not married However since he does have other assets he cannot argue that he needs to remain in the current property until the child is 18 and you can expect to receive your share immediately Clare

Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years