13262538

I am currently in divorce proceedings as a litigant in person.

Customer Question

I am currently in divorce proceedings as a litigant in person. My wife is in breach of a court order made at the last hearing - at which she was not present - to produce tax returns and other documentation by 26 June 2014. She has failed to do so. With the FDR scheduled for 1 August 2014 can I apply to the court for an 'inspection order' or other such order that would afford me the opportunity to apply to the sources of this ordered information in order to have it to hand hopefully in time for the FDR as scheduled?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
In fact the way forward is to write to the Court and ask for a Penal Notice to be attached to the Order.
You will need to arrange to have that personally served on your ex.
Once that has been done and the new date set by the court has passed you van apply to have her committed to prison - which does tend to concentrate the mind
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

two prior penal notices have been attached and a committal application has been made but with the fdr coming up on 1/8 i want to take the opportunity to gain access to the information my wife has frustrated proceedings with by not complying with the order.

1. does such a thing as an inspection order exist?

2. does it warrant applying for under these circumstances?

3. how do you go about it?

Apart form the Tax Returns what else are you waiting forward?