Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Been married 3 and a half years. House is in my name which

Customer Question

Been married 3 and a half years. House is in my name which I know my husband is entitled to share of the equity. My husband has shares in a company which is managing director I don't work just run the home etc and have a daughter of 14 by ex partner. I know he has pensions and is in the process of selling his shares to another share holder but will still stay and run things in the company. I have told him half the equity in our home is not enough to start again and have my daughter to consider and need security for the both of us
Keiley
How long have you actually lived together?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
how much are his assets worth and what income does he have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I know the equity is about 150,000 will buy me out and continue to live here with his son. I believe he is in talks with other shareholders and the figure is about 400,000 plus. But it might be paid over a period of time either annually or monthly I know he is waiting on a reply from the party involved Like I say he has large pensions as well.
He is away at the moment but once back will be arranging appointment for mediation for us to go.
Also when we bought our first home together I used 83,000 of my money from my house from ex partner we sold that to move to were we are now but took a loss in the sale of previous house !!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry forgot to tell u lived together for 5 years
Do you mean five years in total - and how exactly was the matrimonial home purchase financed?