13262538

Hi I have got the following question regarding finances: 1)

Customer Question

Hi I have got the following question regarding finances:
1) I am paying child maintenance but want to have the access to view the payments going to the account. At the moment I have no access to it. I am just going by my wife's words.
2) What can my biological son (who is with my ex-wife now and for whom I pay child maintenance) claim from my assets when he is 18? Can he claim anything at all?
3) If I remarry a woman who also has a son (my step child) but if I do not adapt the child, can they claim anything from me in future?
4) I know I can make a will to describe division of assets. Would my second wife have any say or control over this will? I just want to stay in full control and in charge of all my assets and do not want any obligation from anyone!
Please advise for the above 4 queries.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I would like to wait.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
1. You have no right to see the account details. She is entitled to use it how she wishes
2. The only claim he would have would be on your death if he is not mentioned in your Will AND was in some way financially reliant on you at the time of your death
3. No - unless that child was in some way financially reliant on you at the time of your death
4. You can deal with your Will as you wish - but if you make insufficient provision for your widow she can make a claim against your estate.
Please ask if you need further details