Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Hi I am wanting some advice on divorce please.

Customer Question

What would you like to know?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare

Thank you for coming back to me so quickly.

I have been married for 7 years on the 18th of August.

I am having financial problems, due to the fact that my husband has a job which he started 3 months ago, and has only worked 3 weeks the whole time.

He has not worked properly for the 7 years, I would say 1 and a half years altogether.

I have been working all the time, except when I broke my leg wrist and elbow. And when I was made redundant. When I tried to start my own business, but that was a disaster as we did not have any money coming in other than what I was earning.

I have to say that my husband had been paid for the first 2 and a half years as he was off sick due to depression. Full pay for 18 months then half for six months.

I have been divorced before, my ex went off with my best friend, and I had been mentally abused for 27 years. I also had to work all the time, to help, but he always spent the money before it came in.

My husband now is very pocessive and he always puts me down and shouts at me even when there are people around. There is always an excuse why he can not work. I am looking after 4 people at the moment and I have decided enough is enough, I am fed up with having to work and have the worry of all our problems whilst he sits at home watching telly. And me being treated like an idiot all the time.

My sister and her husband are living with us at the moment, and I am helping them until they can get jobs. That is why I say I am looking after 4 people. They help with money when they can.

I work away as I am a live in carer, and I do not want to go home any more, because when I do he speaks to me so badly, and tells me how I should be doing things all the time. He is always shouting at me and saying horrible things.

I just can not take any more. We are under an IVA at the moment as we have debt of £47500.00 . For 7 years I have battled to pay the debts, I paid a bit each month to the creditors, but I went ahead with the IVA as I am 58 and I will be dead before the debt is paid off. My debt is £10500.00 and the balance is £32000.00 which is his. what will happen if we get divorced? We are paying £155.00 each month for the IVA.

I am renting the house we are in, as we had to sell our house, due to not being able to afford the rent each month. The house we are renting belongs to my daughters husband and the lease is in my name. So what will happen to that.

I will also need to know how much the divorce will cost me please.

Sue

How long have you actually lived together and are there any assets at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There are no assets, we have a car that is only worth about £1000.00, and our household items.

I do not want anything, from him only what I have brought into the home and a bed to sleep on.

He will need everything to find somewhere else to live.

I just want a clean break, I do not want anything. We have nothing anyway.

Sue

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have been home about 9 times in the last 18 months, the longest time I was home was 2 weeks, but mainly 1 week at a time.

Sue

What is it that you would like to know about your position?