13262538

Hello there Im filling in the Form E in preparation for

Customer Question

Hello there
I'm filling in the Form E in preparation for an application to court for Financial Disclosure. Under the section Financial Requirements how much detail should I provide?
My husband earns 76k plus consultancy money ( he won't disclose but probably up to 20k a year) while I earn 49k. My son, 21, is in full time education and lives with me.
My solicitor is of the view that because my h's annual salary is not significantly more than mine, I won't have a case for maintenance or financial adjustment to compensate for a drop in lifestyle. Is he right, and is it worth filling in the financial requirements section of the form?
We had enjoyed a very good standard of living in our 32 year marriage. I gave up work for 15 of those years when I lived with him abroad supporting his work as a researcher, and brought up our children. Since our return to Uk I have been able to work. However because he continued to work abroad and was away for long periods I sacrificed a lot of career opportunities in order to provide a supportive family environment for our two children as they grew up.
Our respective net incomes per calendar month are £4200 and £2400 (I am making over payments into my pension to make up for lost years)
Thanks for your advice.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
If he is earning that extra £20,000 then that coupled with the fact that you are making extra mortgage payments could give you something of a claim
I have to say that it is more a case of an adjustment rather than maintenance - but none the less it is a point.
Look at your current expenditure and adapt it to suit the fact that you will have a smaller property/bills/whatever and put it in.
It is not of great relevance so do not go overboard - but do give a list that reflects your current expenditure - do not embellish it all
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Clare
Just to clarify, do you mean I should state my additional voluntary contributions to my pension?
Thanks, J
Yes you should include those