13262538

Hi is it a good idea to get a court order for a deed poll

Hi is it a good idea to get a court order for a deed poll change of my 3 year old sons name. His father has not been around for 2 years. Not been married and there is a Injunction in place and a social service protection order for my son. I would like to change his name on the Birth Certificate and to get a Passport for him. Please could you advise me .

Is the father named on the Birth Certificate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi clare yes he is

I am afraid that the Birth Certificate cannot be changed.
You will also need to apply to the Court for an Order allowing you to change your child's name since I suspect that it is unlikely that the father will agree to the change.
However once the Court Order is in place you will be able to change the child's name and have a passport in the new name.
If your ex tries to oppose the change of name then you could threaten to apply for the removal of his parental Responsibility - it is rarely done but your reference to Social Services makes it possible that your case is extreme and you could be one of the rare cases
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi clare I have just filled in a c1 form section 8 children's act . I have just filled out a c1 form section 8 children's act. I want sole Parental Responsibility and a Change Of Name Order. Have I got Sole Care as my Son is looked after by myself. As said before I have a Injunction Non Molestation order 2 years ago and just got another 4 Weeks ago to start from 14 August for 2 more years. All for Abuse and Violence against myself. A Prohibited Steps Order is in place since July last year .Is

You already have Parental Responsibility for the child - you have had it since the moment of her birth.
The form you need is here
http://www.thecustodyminefield.com/CourtForms/c100.pdf
All you are asking for is permission to change the child's name