Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Spent the last two years in hell. My daughter announced that

Customer Question

Spent the last two years in hell. My daughter announced that she was sexually abused by my hubby, her step dad. Been through crown court twice because for a hung jury. We kept quiet as told by CP's to avoid hurting the case (historical). She was abused from 6 _
- 15 . she is now married and feared for her own children.
Hubby admitted affairs from the start of our marriage been married 28 years. His mum asked us to mind some money for her years ago. His family asked for this back I told his mum to tell him to pay it from our money that he had lent to his friend and had in his business account that I set up. He would still had a lot more money than me.
I was in no state to fight over money or even live normally. I had councilling and did my part for her has a witness and mother. He was bailed to his sisters in wales. She then went on Facebook and told the world that I had stolen from their mother who was dying from cancer. This really hurt has I was the closest to their mum that she wanted me to be her funeral executive. I knew this would lead to trouble so talked to her into doing a funeral plan. The family were stopped from going into the court room because of further accusations whilst we were in court. He is now free because there wasn't enough evidence and his family again on fb stated that they were going to phone my head teacher (I work at a school) and tell him that two of his teachers were thieves and do a rally outside with pictures , they named us and said the date they would do this. They did phone the head who already knows what's been going on. We are worried because we work here with parents and staffnot yet knowing about our situation. We feel so let down that we hhaven't shouted about him being a child abuser because of the court hearing but we can't have any back up to stop them doing this. He's got all the money and could quite easily have paid them and still had some left. I have nothing not even a house anymore cos I couldn't afford to keep it on and I was so angry I got rid of everything because it reminded me of him. So I have nothing to give physically, emotionally or financially. Can they really treat us like this? They've told people about us but never about why their brother is not with us anymore. I don't want to put myself in the gutter like them but is there a legal root to follow?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Have you started divorce proceedings?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No we were told to have no contact so that the case would not be effected

Are you willing to start divorce proceedings now
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What would that cost? Do not know his address

What happened to the matrimonial home?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just before this all broke we sold the house I'd lived in for 35 years (him 30 yrs) we paid off his tax bill and a year in front so didn't have to worry about it. We moved into a rented property and did some work on it for a lower rent whilst we thought about where we wanted to move to. We went on a. Holiday (this he said in court never happened, I can show the pics lol.). He then bought his friend a van for helping u s move and decorate. Then loaned his friends £20,000. He paid back £10,000. We lived generally off what was left in the bank for weekly things like bill s and food. We'd set upb a business account in his name and in the time we were renting we never transfered any money over.

When he was arrested money was the last thing on my mind. He was due a cheque for 1200 from work because I'd already done the invoice for his work he would have had at least 11000 in the account. In the joint account it was down to a few thousand rent was £600 a month. A few weeks later I was told the account was frozen and I got letters and charges for non paid direct p payments. I let his sister pick up all his work stuff and trailer, this would have been quite an amount in money . he had a large van, a motor boat on a mooring in Wales and the money his friend still had.

So generally he took all the house money and screwed me over.

How much did you both receive from the house sale?