13262538

If I apply for a Decree Absolute without a Settlement agreement,

If I apply for a Decree Absolute without a Settlement agreement, how can I safe guard myself in the future? My wife refuses to come to any agreement but wants the Decree Absolute finalized. I understand that making a claim on each others pensions etc becomes harder but I also understand that my wife will still have a claim to any of my future assets unless she remarries. As far as I am aware she has no intention of doing this in the near future. However, if I was to marry I have been told my ex will have claim to my new wife's assets as well as mine. I believe there is something called a closure notice or something siular to that? How can I prevent any further claims being made? i want a clean break, for her to keep her pension and savings, any material possession etc, but like wise I wish for her to leave mine alone too.
How should I best proceed with this?
Thank you for any help you can offer
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
There is no basis on which your ex would ever have a claim a new partner's assets.
If you wish to force the issue of settlement you can apply to the court for the financial matters to be dealt with
This will lock you into a court based timetable which WILL lead to a conclusion decided by the court of no agreement is reached
The application is made using the form here
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/form-a-eng.pdf
and the fee is £245
Please ask if you need further details