Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

marriage

Customer Question

Hi, I have been married for 4 & half years, together for 7.5 years living in the UK & I believe my marriage has broken down beyond repair. Financially where do I stand from a point of view that our home & other assets are in her name not mine! What am I entitled to if we divorce? Regards, Andy

Expert:  Kasare replied 3 years ago.
Hi Andy

In order to assist you with this I need you to please provide me with some further information.

Are there any dependant children - from the marriage or does she have children prior to the marriage?

Was the home and other assets owned by your wife prior to the marriage?

Is the home owned outright or is there a mortgage and if there is who pays this mortgage? Do you know what remains on the mortgage?

Did you financially contribute to any of these assets?

What is the financial position of both you and her? Working? etc

Are their any debts, joint or sole?