13262538

My son has left his girlfriend and has a 7 year old son and

My son has left his girlfriend and has a 7 year old son and she is refusing to let him see his Dad. She is taking him to the CSA. He will shortly be moving In with his existing girlfriend who has two children aged 13 and 8. Will the CSA take this into account when working out what he has to pay his ex girlfriend
How much does your son earn Gross?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
£40000 p a
The new rate is 12% of Gross Income and his income will be subject to a discount of 14% in respect of the children who will be in his household - which means that the actual payment will be approximately 10% of his gross income - £334 a month
Details here
http://nacsa.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=38:cs3-calculations&catid=2:uncategorised&Itemid=535
As and when your son is successful in obtaining overnight contact there is the possibility of it reducing further
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you so much for your prompt reply which has been very helpful! I did forget to mention that my son also has a 12 yr old son who he has overnight every other weekend and is paying his mum £200 per mth thro the CSA! How will this affect the payment he pays for his 7 yr old?

Indeed it does
How many nights at the weekend?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi it's usually just Saturday night. Thank you
Did he have the child more than 52 nights last year?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi no he didn't as he only has him every other Saturday night!
Ok
the answer is yes it does change things (again)
In that case he should be paying a total of 16% of 86% of his gross income shared between each of the mothers of his children - so roughly £458 between the two of them a month
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Claire for your help! My sons ex is refusing him access and he has been to a mediator who contacted her but she has refused to attend mediation! My son has received a letter to take to a solicitor from the mediator but is worried how much this is now going to cost him! Have you any idea how much he is looking at!

Arlette
he doe snot have to pay a solicitor at all if he does not wish to
He can make the application for a Child Arrangement Order setting out what the contact should be in person - the form is here
http://www.thecustodyminefield.com/CourtForms/c100.pdf
the fee is £215 and he can read more about such applications here
http://www.familylaw.co.uk/system/uploads/attachments/0000/2078/CB1_1108.pdf
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you very much for your response! That has been very helpful as we were told he did need a solicitor so the links you sent were brilliant thanks again
You are welcome
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have rated u as excellent but am still receiving e mails asking me to rate your reply! Can these stop now please! U have been extremely helpful and I will use this service again if I have a need!