13262538

I have just separated from my husband,I have two children from

I have just separated from my husband,I have two children from a previous relationship.
The house is in my own name and I have supported my husband financially for 6 years. For two of those years he worked part time but I received no money from him. Is he entitled to anything? Thankyou
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
How long have you lived together and what other assets are there?
What income do you each have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My husband has no income as he hasn't worked since February, my income is £13,000 pa.I have supported him for six years financially. The house is worth approx £220k with an outstanding mortgage of £75k. No other assets.
How long have you lived together in total and how old are your children?\What does he earn when he is in work?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We have lived together for six years,my children are fourteen and eleven. When in work ( he has never been made redundant but chooses not to work ) the most he has earnt is £8000 in a year,over the six years it has been approx 12,000.
Thank you for that - it is very helpful
Just to check - it is part of the picture - how much would a cheaper three bedroom terrace cost to buy?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I live I a three bedroom terrace
A six year relationship does give your ex a potential financial claim on the matrimonial home (hence the query about a cheaper property)
Since he made no financial contribution and your relationship was on the shorter side of medium length his claim is not a large one - maybe 10% of the equity (possibly 15% but that is doubtful)
However the priority remains the housing needs of your children and it is clear that you have little chance of raising further funds - so your ex will have to wait for his money until your youngest is 18
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details