13262538

Im divorced now for the last 7year and when I was married

I'm divorced now for the last 7year and when I was married we had bonds but my ex husband didn't tell anyone about them and now I have find out his had the money from them I'm I legal to get any of the money or I'm I to late to receive any
What financial agreements were made at the time of the divorce and have you remarried since?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi we never made a agreement that I can remember
We sold our house which I gave him 40,000 even though later I find out I should have gave him 20,000 cos the mortgage was not paid off so that I can stay in the house .
And no I've not remarried
How much was the house worth and how much was outstanding on the mortgage?
What income do you each have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
100,000 and the mortgage was 80,000
I worked p/t he worked f/t he was bringing in about 400 week at the time
The 26 pound I've paid is it. 1 of payment I don't have to keep paying for all the reply do i
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've got no reply to my last massage
My apologies for the delay
How much do you think the Bonds were worth - and how did you raise the £40,000 that you (over)paid him
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I went to the bank and on my wages I could afford the repayments at that time
I've been thinking thankyou for your help but I won't get anything cos after a couple of years in the house I went bankrupt so I won't get anything anyway
Thank you for getting back to me
Bye
All is not lost - if you wish to continue all of this is covered by the one payment
How much were the bonds actually worth do you think?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Anything up to 10,000 he had them while we was still married about 10 year
If not longer we was married 26 year
How much do you each earn (if you know)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm out of work now but when I did work I earned about 250 week
He earned about 400
Does he have a private pension?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't know if he has a private pension but I do know he has a work pension if that helps
In fact it is not too late to pursue a claim against your ex - especially in respect of assets that you owned at the time of the divorce - and of course in respect of the money that you over paid him by way of settlement.
However I do accept that just because you could do it does not mean you want to face the hassle and stress of trying.
One option is to try and negotiate with your ex using Family Mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.org.uk)
You can threaten to make a financial application within the old Divorce Proceeding for a settlement.
Since it is clear that he must have known that what was doing was wrong there is a chance that he will simply make you an offer to go away.
If not then as I said I do understand that it is a very personal decision to take the matter further
Please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years