13262538

I have just split up with my Girlfriend and we have a child.

I have just split up with my Girlfriend and we have a child. We have a house in our name, however, I was not always living here. My girlfriend has 2 children to her previous partner and currently has them 7 days out of every fortnight. As we live in different towns, i am wanting to see and have access to my son every weekend. She does not want this as her own kids are at her home every second weekend. I am happy to allow her to have custody Monday to Friday every week, however she wants me only too see my son 2 days in every 14, her children will see my son 7 days in 14 and she will have access 12/ 14. What options do I have and also have I got any chance of seeing my son every weekend?
My name is ***** *****
How old is the child?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
2 1/2
What do you expect to happen when he goes to nursery?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What do you mean.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He is with his mother Monday to froday
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Weasel that a question for me or too me
It was for you.
In the very near future the child will be at Nursery - and your ex will need time at weekends as well - what arrangements are you contemplating then
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If she is off 2 days through the week then does that not allow her quality time
I am sorry but the offer that you have made is not likely to be backed by the courts
her relationship with her siblings will be seen as important - and unless it is school holidays it is accepted that midweek contact is generally taken up with school homework and sleep so you are going to have to suggest an arrangement that does give the children at least one weekend together a month
Equally unless you want to have to renegotiate in two years time you need to make arrangements which reflect the fact that after school time doe snot equate to weekends
Assuming that you can manage your working hours stretching a weekend from Friday night to Monday and seeking three weekends out of four would be one possible option - plus extra time in the holidays of course.
You should try and negotiate with your ex using Family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk) - if that fails then you will have to consider a court application for a Child Arrangement Order.
You can read more on these sites
http://theparentconnection.org.uk/
http://www.familylaw.co.uk/system/uploads/attachments/0000/2078/CB1_1108.pdf
Please ask if you need further details