13262538

Hi, I split with my wife in May this year and am wondering

Customer Question

I split with my wife in May this year and am wondering if I need some form of letter to confirm our seperation.
I am living in a flat with my eldest son and my two younger sons are still living in the house with their mother.
Which part of the Uk are you in?
Have you agreed the financial issues at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare,

I currently live in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire.

No we have not agreed any financial issues except I am currently paying the bills and giving my wife £120 for shopping every week.

Panikos

May I ask how old the children are and how much you earn gross each month?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The two boys living at home are 16 and 8 and I earn aproximatley £2300, depending if I get any overtime.
How much are you paying out on the bills?
How old is the child living with you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I made an error with my gross pay and gave you my monthly take home pay.

I am paying approximatley 1100 for bills and shopping.

My son living with me is 21

HI
What is your gross monthly pay?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I average between 3000 and 3200 per month
How much does your ex earn - and do you realise you are overpaying at present?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My ex is only working part time at my youngest sons school but I don't know how much she earns.

I do realise I am paying too much but am not sure what I have to pay and at the same time do not want my kids to go without

May I ask how much the house is worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The house is worth aproximatley 450000 and has no mortgage on it.
Can I ask if there is a way of recognising the seperation.
I am in a little debt but have had bad credit against me and am waiting to get it removed from my credit score in approximatley two years.
I just want to get the seperation logged in some way so I can try and move forward
How was the purchase of that house funded - and are you happy to for her to remain there for now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The house was bought with money from the sale of our previous house.
There was a mortgage on it until my late father paid off the remainig mortgage. I am happy for her to stay there because of my children but i just cannot afford to pay all the bills for that house and were i am now living.
It leaves very little to live on because of my debts.
Your Child maintenance liability is 16% of your GROSS income (at most) - less if the children spend more than 52 nights a year with you
From that money and her own income from all sources your ex should be paying all the bills.
It is possible that there may be a liability for spouse maintenance - but even with that it would be substantially less than you are paying at the moment
You should try and discuss matters with your ex using Family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk) - and also discuss what should happen to the property when your youngest child is 18
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for helping me with this, it has been very helpful and informative but the first qestion I asked was do I need some form of letter or document to show that we have seperated since May of this year?
Please can you answer this.
No there is no such requirement - all you need is evidence that you have been living elsewhere (rent book lease etc) - and even that is unlikely to be asked for
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You are most welcome - I hope all goes well for you