13262538

Im an executor of my Mothers Will. She has a clause in it

I'm an executor of my Mothers Will.
She has a clause in it that states the following:
"Any of my Executors who is engaged in a proffession shall be entitled to be paid fees for work done by him or his firm on the same basis as if he were not one of my Executors but employed to act on behalf of my Executors."
My question is, I am self employed, I took a week off work, to sort out my Mothers house, can I claim for my time and expenses from the estate?
Regards, Andy
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
You can only charge for your time if what you did on behalf of the estate is what you do professionally - so if house clearing is what you do for a living then yes you can charge - if not the no I am afraid.
However you can charge your out of pocket expenses - which could include loss of profit
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Claire.

So, as an Electrician, my hourly rate is £45/hour, which I includes my costs and profit.

In this case I am only charging £150 for each whole day, so this would cover my loss of profit and expenses.

Is this reasonable? I'm doing this as I am self employed, and my brother can't be bothered to help in any way.

Regards, Andy

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
My apologies for the delay
If you were working as an electrician for the estate you could charge £45 an hour - but you are not.
To work out what you can reasonably charge you need to look at what your declared income is after Tax and divide that by 52 and then that by five to give a daily rate