13262538

International Divorce

Got married in Morocco in October 2013, lived with wife for 5 days as I as husband live in UK, and she lives in Morocco. Marriage is broken down, whats the difference between me starting divorce proceeding here in UK FIRST OR she starting in Morocco FIRST? or doesn't it matter who starts first?

My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
You cannot issue a Divorce here in the UK until you have been married for a year.
It doe snot make a great deal of difference which of you issues the proceedings in which country - however if you wish to be certain that it is done then clearly having control of the process is better
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What about Judaical Separation, is it better to wait 2 months for Divorce OR is it better for me to start proceeding now with Judaical Separation?

Also does Moroccan Law recognizes Judaical Separation? Or Only Divorce?

Unless you do not wish to have a divorce there is no point in having a Judicial Separation - it just costs as much again when you do need a divorce
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If for example she proceeds from Morocco, what right will she have?

I am sorry - I have no knowledge of Moroccan Law