13262538

Hi Clare. I wrote back to the solicitor as you advice me

Customer Question

Hi Clare.
I wrote back to the solicitor as you advice me to; agreeing to supervise contact through our nearest contact centre. I haven't heard from them since. Instead the police officer who took my statement on the 18th of July came back to the tell me that though they served my husband with the notice that he said they should also serve me with a notice to only contact him through a solicitor or a legal representative. Which is fine for me, only I have done nothing wrong to him as he claimed unwanted verbal conversation. The police said it doesn't affect me in anyway since it is what I want anyway.
Now I haven't heard from his solicitor and the next thing is the social worker calling me saying that my ex husband had made some serious allegations against me I am quoting "I have sexually abused my girls while we were together." That he found me in the bathroom doing some mutilations in respect to some cultural and religious belief of mine. My hands started shaking uncontrollably, I was schoked and confused and other feelings that words alone couldn't describe. I pointed out the absurdity of the allegation and the social service said they also thought it was a malicious allegation, since it isn't the first time. Last year he call the police saying that I left the children home alone while at work while he was with them. The allegation was deemed malicious.
I am worried, and scared as to what he will come up next with. Or what he could do. For someone to say these perverted thing about me or my children I am seriously worried... Is there anything that I could do legally? I know he could fatally harm me or the children just to get a point across. I don't know what to do...
What has your Social Worker said about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The social worker said she suspected as much that it is a malicious allegation, and she isn't going to come round to speak to me or the children. She also asks if I have anyone around to support me through this continuous stressful period. I said no. She said the case will be closed and she will send me a liflet about an organisation call split where I could get some support in my own right.
Might I ask what family support you have and where?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not have much family support to be honest. I live alone with my kids. I occasionally talk to my sister on the phone and she lives four hours drive away from me.
I only wish there is something I could do to stop my ex husband .
Judith
Have you considered moving away from him and closer to your family?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He leaves in Northern Ireland at the moment. So he isn't that close to me, but what he does is calling official authorities and make allegation such I have described above. Or he could appear unexpectedly and making a scene.
I don't want to move at the moment; the kids are quite happy where we are and I am starting University next month.
That is fine.
When did he last turn up unexpectedly?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He turned up unexpectedly last at the children school on the 18th of July 2014. After speaking to the police they said to have served him a notice to make contact with the kids through a solicitor and if he was to turn up unexpectedly again he will be arrested. The police officer said that he looked as though he didn't care, with an superior air.
Has he ever threatened to take the children from your care?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes he has on several occasion. On the other hand he said not to care about having the children or not but just wants to be around to make my life miserable.
When did you actually write to his solicitor?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I wrote to his solicitor on the 21st of July . I sent it recorded delivery so he recieved it on the 22nd of July.
There is nothing that can be done about his contacting the authorities i am afraid - although the fact that he does so so often means that he is unlikely to be taken seriously.
However this behaviour - coupled with the threats to take the children - means that you shoudl consider making an application to the court for a Child Arrangement Order stating that the children live with you and limiting his contact with them and a nProhibited Steps Order to prevent him from attending the School other than by prior agreement
You can read about applications here
http://www.familylaw.co.uk/system/uploads/attachments/0000/2078/CB1_1108.pdf
Please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Hi Judith
This is an add on to your other question.
Never refuse mediation - allow the Mediators to assess whether or not mediation is appropriate in your case.
There is no need to explain why to the solicitors - save it for mediation
HOWEVER do remind his solicitors that you remain happy for contact to begin at a Contact Centre as soon as your ex arranges it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Clare,

I really appreciate it, I will do that.

Judith
You are welcome
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare, I wanted to rate your service but is asking me pay an additional amount for the same question.

Judith
Do not worry - I knew that you would not be able to - but I didn't get to the other question in time
Please accept it as a gift!