Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I divorced my husband 7 years ago, I tried 3 times to get him

Customer Question

I divorced my husband 7 years ago, I tried 3 times to get him to sign the agreement over our joint home so that I paid him out when our son leaves full time education which is now soon. He failed to do this and so he is still on the mortgage even though I have paid it for the past 7 years. he has a dept attachment for around £3500 on the mortgage a dept which was nothing to do with me and was 5 years after our divorce. He has not paid any child support in this time and arrears are approaching £10.000 with the CSA so in fact that is all of the equity that was due to be paid originally. will I have to pay him or is it better to go to court or mediation to resolve this ?
May I ask why you did not make a Court Application 7 years ago for the finances to be dealt with?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets/debts are there and what income do you each have?