13262538

I have been having trouble with my ex regarding him seeing

I have been having trouble with my ex regarding him seeing my 9 year old. He never has here every other weekend like other dads and keeps saying he is working but some weekends he has been at home. He started having her one night a week on school night but then put her to bed at 11pm and she was tired at school then he made her late for school and she had a warning so I then refused to let him have her on a school night. He started having her Friday nights occasionally but then was keen to bring her back the next morning. This means that I don't have a life and cannot plan anything. Last week he said he was going away for a few nights and wanted Sophie to go but it classed with my holiday so I wouldn't let her go. He was very nasty about it. The trouble is with him is that everything has to suit him and he doesn't plan anything in advance. Should I go to a solicitor and ask that something is put in writing and make him plan in advance?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that you cannot force your ex to see the child if he does not wish to - however you
are entitled to establish a pattern of contact so that your daughter knows when she will see her father.
You shoudl try and discuss it with him using Family mediation - but if he refuses to discuss it then decide with your daughter what the pattern should be
say Friday 6pm to Saturday 6pm plus a week in the holidays or whatever then write to your ex and tell him that this is the pattern and that if he misses the contact then it wont happen again until the next week.
Then stick to it
If he does not like it then he can go to mediation and agree a different pattern with you
If he is not there within an hour of the set time then assume that contact is not happening.
I appreciate that this is far from perfect - but sadly it is the best that you can do
Please ask if you need further details