13262538

Im in the process of getting divorced. Living on the Isle

I'm in the process of getting divorced. Living on the Isle of Man. My ex is asking me for our children's passports which I have removed from the house as I don't trust him. He is taking them across to England in a week, but doesn't not need the passports as they are taking the ferry there and back. He has threatened me saying he'll put I block on MY passport with Border control if I don't hand over the kids passports. i am also going away during this time, but to Spain, so I do need my passport. What should I do?
What reason has he given for wanting the passports?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Morning Clare,

Proof if ID, he says. He has given me details of there travel and there's no reason for proof of ID for the kids.

He says he aslo needs their NHS cards but the information between England and the IoM is shared. I know this as I had to take my son to A&E during a visit at Easter time and they had all information just had to supply a date of birth.

He cannot put a block on your Passport - he would struggle even if the children were traveling with you.
Give him a copy of their NHS cards - or better still get them these
http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/EHIC/Pages/about-the-ehic.aspx
Might I suggest that you leave the actual documents with a Trusted friend - or safety deposit box - whilst you are away
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare,

Many thanks. I was pretty sure he couldn't put a hold on my passport but needed to make sure as I am travelling whilst they are away.

All my documents are no longer in the house, hence him asking me for them, as I don't trust him.

Many thanks.

That is good to hear.