13262538

Hi not sure where i should ask my question... Im separated

Hi not sure where i should ask my question... I'm separated from my husband of 15 years and am looking at getting a divorce but i'm not sure if he was actually divorced from his first wife , how would i get this information
What do you know about his first marriage and what makes you suspicious about the divorce?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Only know where he was married and that they were together 6 months or so .On several occasions over the years I have asked him about it and each time he gives a different explanations , one being his farther sorted out his divorce for him while he was stationed in the army in Germany , i've also never seen an absolute. He told the registrar that he had never been married when we booked the wedding and i've searched for his previous marriage details and he has used his first and middle name with his first wife but only his first with me

So you have a copy of the marriage certificate is that correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I paid to go on a genealogy site , it has birth, marriage, divorce and death records on it , that is where i found the info but i couldn't find any thing on a divorce , i can show you what I found

I have to ask - are you sure that it is a certificate which relates to your ex?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes 100% as i knew his first wife's name and the area which they were married. Below are both entries found,

.Year Of Marriage 1998 First name(s) SHAUN Last name ESSINGTON Marriage quarter 3 Marriage year 1998 Registration month 9 MarriageFinder™ SHAUN ESSINGTON married SUZANNE CLARKE Spouse's last name CLARKE District BOLTON District number 002 County Lancashire Country England Entry number 069 Page 0192 Record set England & Wales marriages 1837-2008 Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records Record collection Marriages & divorces Collections from Great Britain

Year Of Marriage 1992 First name(s) SHAUN T Last name ESSINGTON Marriage quarter 1 Marriage year 1992 Registration month 2 MarriageFinder™ SHAUN T ESSINGTON married CLAIRE E L TOPE Spouse's last name TOPE District SEFTON SOUTH County Lancashire Country England Registry number 292 Volume 37 Page 150 Record set England & Wales marriages 1837-2008 Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records Record collection Marriages & divorces Collections from Great Britain

Do or did either of them live abroad after the marriage?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Shaun was stationed in Germany in the army for a short time afterwards

You can check to see if there was a Divorce using the form here
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/d440-eng.pdf
The only possible problem would be if he got the divorce in Germany - although this seems unlikely
To check you would have to contact the German Family Court closest to where he was living.
Do be aware that you will still need to go through a form of Divorce to legally end the bigamous marriage (if there was one)
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details