Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Hi MY daughter purchased a property 10 years ago with her

Customer Question

MY daughter purchased a property 10 years ago with her partner and unfortunately put it in his name. They now have 2 boys aged 10 and 9. He left before the youngest was born and my daughter has been paying a £1000.00 mortgage on the property with only £400 a month from him. She gets nothing else from him and has always found it a struggle. He now wants to sell the property, please could you tell me if she has any rights. Rgds Pam
My email address is***@******.*** although when I enter it in your system it says already used by someone else. What's going on!
Why did she place the property in his name - and how did she protect her interest in it?
What deposit did she pay, how much is it worth now and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?