13262538

Hi I am acting as McKenzie friend for a mate of mine who is

Customer Question

I am acting as McKenzie friend for a mate of mine who is seeking custody of his son based on an abusive and violent relationship that his mother has with her current partner. He has submitted the necessary paperwork and we had the initial hearing with a Judge last Thursday and the next hearing has been scheduled for this Friday. It is understood that papers have been served on the respondent (ex-wife) but we fear that she will move out of the County without giving a forwarding address and also fail to attend Court on Friday. What happens now?
Mike
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What do you need to know?

I am sorry something went adrift there!
What actually happened at the first hearing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The Judge read through the papers (C100 & C1A), issued a confirmation of the contact order granted some time ago, instigated a report from Social Services as the Police had reported 3 cases of domestic abuse to them which my mate, the Applicant was unaware of, and then made a Court date for this Friday.

Mike

If she fails to attend the hearing he can ask the Judge to make a
Seek and Find Order
So that the child is traced
He could also ask for an Interim Order stating that the child lives with him whilst the case continues
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mike

You are welcome