13262538

Hi, I pay my ex-wife maintenance based on my income each month.

Hi, I pay my ex-wife maintenance based on my income each month. If I buy a house and receive rent, would the rental income be considered ‘income’ or ‘investment’. Alternatively, if I invested the money in a savings scheme and earned interest – would that be classed as ‘income’? Thanks
My name is ***** *****
What is the exact wording of the court order?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, Here is the wording in the consent order regarding payments.

“The Respondent will pay to the Petitioner global periodical payments at the variable rate as set out below incorporating both child and spousal elements.

Such periodical payments to be reviewed annually and the periodical payments shall not fall below £70 per calendar month for each eligible child.

Such periodical payments shall not fall below 25%.”

The payments are then in a sliding scale as my income varies from month to month but basically I get the first £500 and she gets the rest up to a maximum of £2000.

Unfortunately in both the scenarios you outline the money you receive would be classed a sIncome and will form part of the calculations
I am sorry to give such bad news - please ask if you need further details