13262538

Can the csa chase fathers for payments if the father lives

Customer Question

Can the csa chase fathers for payments if the father lives in the Republic of Ireland? When should I get a response to this ?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you.
if the father is in the Republic of Ireland then the CSA no longer have the power to enforce the assessment
The mother will need to apply to the courts for a Maintenance Order and then apply for Reciprocal Enforcement of the Order in the RoI
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** is currently in roi and the csa are continually harassing him on his mobile saying he owes thousands in arrears and £45 per week for a child he had with an ex. He gets this child every week and provides food clothes holidays etc but csa not willing to listen they are just believing every word the ex says which is mostly lies. The csa r not taking into account he has other children either. This all started out of the blue 6 weeks ago they've never sent any letters or advised how this arrears bill has accumulated. They want to know were he works so they can request payment, r they allowed to do this?

i've received approx 20 emails to rate this service however i didnt want to complete this until ive finished with my query is this ok

I am sorry I suspect it is a site glitch - for which I can only apologise
has the father sent evidence to the CSA that he resides in RoI and is not employed by a UK firm?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No they haven't asked him to provide any details they just seem set in bullying him to make payment. The haven't sent him any letters either so I would assume they do not even have an address, the only contact made is on his mobile. They want to know we're he works which is in roi, should he be giving any of this information to them? If he doesn't contact them will this bill just continue to increase?
He needs to write and inform them that he has left the UK and does not work for a UK firm - and preferably show evidence of the date when he moved there - at that point the assessment has to be frozen
he will still owe the arrears but they cannot pursue him
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it wise for him to provide proof of address for when he moved to roi as he doesn't want to be harassed further with people turning up to his door or sending threatening letters. Also will the calculations for arrears be calculated up till the date he moved to the roi, or with it be calculated till the date he sends details to prove he resides in roi?
If he does not provide the evidence then the assessment will continue and so will the phone calls
The assessment will be ended on the day he moved - provided he no longer worked for a UK company either
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks Clare, can you confirm if the CSA and NI Child Maintenance Service are the same or if not does the NI Child Maintenance Service have juristiction in the ROI?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Clare, can you confirm if the csa and the in child maintenance service are the same or if not does the in child maintenance service have jurisdiction in roi?
Different branches - same rules - neither has any force in RoI