Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I have an 8 month old daughter who used to be in her grandparents

Customer Question

I have an 8 month old daughter who used to be in her grandparents life quite regularly (my daughters dads parents) until they fell out with me because I was moving back to my home town. They went completly nuts at me and was constantly yelling abuse at me. They're not very nice people and I told my partner (my daughters dad) that I did not want to see them again, and the only way they are seeing my daughter is if she is with him and it will only be once a week as we have a busy schedule. He agreed. They are now threatening to take me to court and have my daughter taken off me. They want her too often and for too long! My daughter has a routine and travelling and being away from me for that long will just muck it up. Also the mother in law has repeatedly given my daughter foods and drink which I have specifically asked her not to give. Can they do this? What are the chances of this happening? I'm not deniying them visitation rights it's just different now we don't get on. They have a lot of money so I know they will go through with it. My daughter is happy and healthy, always clean and dressed nicely. I have never been in trouble with the police or any social services. I also suffer from depression, anxiety and bipolar. All this is putting so much stress on me. I'm just looking for some reassurance please.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Just to check - are you still with your partner and does he take the baby to see his parents?
How often did they see her before the move?