13262538

When we attended the pre birth conference today we did not

Customer Question

When we attended the pre birth conference today we did not have access to 4 reports prior to the meeting, the Social Worker did not even submit a report and I understand this should have been submitted 5 days before the conference. The social worker for my daughter's unborn baby only showed us the report on Friday before today therefore the five days were not 5 full working days. they submitted a probation and police report were read out at the conference without us having the chance to read prior to the meeting. This held confidential information about my daughter's alleged unborn child's father - without knowing for sure he is not the father surely this would be a breach of confidentiality on his part and also they have judged his character on the reasons why a child protection order has been put in place.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am not entirely sure what question you are asking.
If your daughter has named someone as a father then his records are very relevant and have to be disclosed to the meeting.
It is not unusual for reports to be filed late for such Conferences - since that is all they are at this stage - and there is no requirement for them all to be circulated before the meeting - indeed many of then can ONLY be read at the meeting and then returned
Please ask if I have missed the actual concern that you wish to raise