Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I have a question around financial resolution. The husband

Customer Question

I have a question around financial resolution. The husband filed for divorce after 2 years and 8 months. He owns 2 flats in his sole name with 80% mortgage and also his got £240k in bank. The own share of this flats can be valued at £160k. The wife has a property (unknown value and mortgage) outside the UK and £8000 cash. It is likely that they cannot agree so the judge have to share resources. Although the marriage lasted (so far) 2 years and 8 months, they lived together for 1 year and 2 months only, because the husband left and wen to work overseas for more than a year. What will be the judges likely decision in terms of sharing finances? Also currently the wife has a job of £2000 per month, the husband recently lost his job. The husband is 40 years old, the wife is 35, they have no children.
Who owns the matrimonial home - how much is that worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

husband owns it.

It's worth £230k and the mortgage is £146k.

It was financed entirely buy the husband, no contribution from the wife.

best guess on the value of her assets?