13262538

If parents abduct children from a contact centre and run off

Customer Question

If parents abduct children from a contact centre and run off with them what would they be charged with?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I can wait a little while.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Are the children subject to Care Orders?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. In fact they are fictional, part of a novel I am writing about forced adoption. The parents seize a chance to take them from the contact centre and eventually return them after a lapse of days. I need to know what they would be charged with. Would it be abduction?

Yes it would indeed be Child Abduction that they would be charged with since at this stage the final care order would have been made
I hope this helps - do ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The nswer is great. Thank you. But the 'red tape' in getting the answer is not up to the standard of your expertise. However, I am grateful for your succinct response and will rate you as Good if I can find the place to do it.

Part of the delay was my being offline for an unexpected length of time for which I apologise