13262538

My step daughter has decided that she no longer wants her 2

Customer Question

My step daughter has decided that she no longer wants her 2 and 4 year old sons to have anything to do with me, and that my husband, her father, can only visit the boys, not take them out, nor to our home.
She is being influenced by her mother. I have only ever bought toys, and spent time doing fun activities with the boys.
Can my husband insist that his access extends outside of their home?
How often were you seeing them?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Two to three times a week. Half day on a Tuesady at Martins , 9:30-1:30, with the mother, Charlotte. Plus one or two short visits/outings each week
Was there any kind of incident that led to this - and what reason has she actually given?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Her dad and I went through a bad time and considered splitting. Since then we decided to stick with the marriage. She told him she's never liked me and wants nothing to do with me but that she wants him to keep contact with her and her boys
He doesn't want to choose between us, understandably
Grandparents have no automatic right to contact - and indeed have to ask permission from the court to even apply for it.
Given that at the moment he is not being refused contact - it is simply being restricted - and the fact that recently there has been a possibility of your splitting - it would not be wise to push the matter.
Given another six months or so then he could suggest discussing matters with his daughter using family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co uk) to try and move matters forward.
However even then a court application could be a gamble I am afraid.
Please ask if you need further details