13262538

I was granted 50% of my ex husbands pension in our divorce

I was granted 50% of my ex husbands pension in our divorce settlement, I have never consistently received it and there are arrears. I know the amount he receives has increased and I can t get any info from him about this. He is now saying he doesn't. Even have to pay this as during our 23 yr marriage we were in the forces and he paid the rent.I s he correct? I don t want to go down the route of solicitors if he is correct. The pension provision is in our consent order.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will continue to wait
L Offord
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No problem
When was th order made and what the actual wording?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The letter from my solicitor containing the order was dated 6 April 2006 and the wording is -
The respondant do pay or cause to be paid to the petitioner periodical payments equivalent to 50% of his net monthly pension payments from the army until the petitioner attains the age of 60 years, the first instalment to be made 7 days after completion of the sale of the finer matrimonial home.
Lesley
Just to check - you have not remarried have you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No I havn t
In that case yes indeed he does have to pay and you can apply to enforce the Order - and to receive the information that you are fully entitled to
In fact you can arrange to "Attach" his pension so that your share is paid directly to you without reaching your ex at all.
You can read more here
http://www.jordanpublishing.co.uk/system/uploads/attachments/0002/1197/EX327.pdf
(never register the order in the Magistrates Court)
Do not listen to your ex - the money is due to you
Please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years