13262538

CSA

Customer Question

Due to prolonged stress, false malicious accusations now proved false and a large pay cut,  I am leaving my job and selling my house. Do I have to pay Child support although I will be earning nothing for the next three years? Does the CSA have a right to access and take money from the house sale?

How will you fund the next three years living costs?
How much will you receive from the house sale?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was planning to fund the next three years living profits from the sale of the house. After 3 years I can claim my NHS Pension.

I will after settling the mortgage have £50,000. Obviously I will be needing to use some of this to have a place to live, estimating about using £20,000 leaving £30,000 for general living.

Shaun

How old is the child/children
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

16 and 14 in December.

You have nothing to fear from the CSA since you will not have more than £65,000 in capital assets.
They can still assess you but it will be the minimum payment based on the income you receive from the investments.
However you do need to be aware that your ex could make an application under Scshedule 1 of the Children Act for some form of financial provision form the capital - even if there has been a full and final settlement within the divorce process.
It is not likely that she would - but there is a risk.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have now decided that after a 6 month break, I will return to the employment market.

Hi Shaun
I am glad to have helped you in the process - I hope all goes well!