Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
31090051

What can I do to see my grandchildren as the mother has just

What can I do to see my grandchildren as the mother has just stopped us seeing them and my son is staying with me so I got to see them then but every time they have a fight she stops us all seeing them can't take much more and feel for my grandchildren the girls ages are 11 and 4
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I'm a Scottish solicitor and can help you with this.
Here's what you have to do. As grandparents have no automatic right of contact in Scotland you have to send your son to a solicitor with a view to going to court for a contact order to the children. As your narrative suggests it is nonsense that the mother can control contact just because there is a fall out or other incident.
Both parents have to act in the best interests of the children and, from what you say, she isn't doing so. A court order is necessary to govern contact and the only person who can do that is your son.
He should see a good family lawyer immediately.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.