13262538

If I enter into marriage to a non uk citizen and I already

If I enter into marriage to a non uk citizen and I already own my own properties, should divorce/my death alter my intention to keep my assets (gained before matrimony) or in the case of my death affect my intention to leave my assets according to my Will (i.e. Leaving my assets to my children and spouse according to my own decisions prior to death)?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Whatever the nationality of the person you marry you need to make a new Will as marriage revoked previous Wills unless they are specifically expressed as being made in contemplation of marriage
In addition the Will must make proper provision for your spouse when you die - if not then your spouse can make a claim against the estate
What that provision should be will depend on a number of factors such as your spouses own financial position the length of your relationship - and the extent of your own assets.
I hope that this is of some assistance - please ask if you need further details