13262538

my partner of 23 years left me 3 years ago. we bought a house

my partner of 23 years left me 3 years ago. we bought a house together. I have now met a lovely man whom I want to spend my time with so I want to sell our joint home. my ex partner wants to come back and live in our house but cannot buy me out. He doesn't want to sell it but I would like my share to invest in the house my now finance owns
Does your ex accept that the proceeds should be divided equally between you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes he know that I own 50% of the house as its on the deeds of the house.

Under Property law you and your partner hold the property on a Trust for Sale and you can apply to the court for an Order for the sale of the house at any time - and it will be granted.
A firm letter before action setting this out and giving a warning that your ex would be liable for your costs as well as his own.
You can read more here
http://www.slatergordon.co.uk/media/2347003/land-disputes-a-guide-to-procedure.pdf
Yours is the most straightforward of such claims and there is little doubt that you will be successful
Please ask if you need further details