Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

The Order gave me a Martin Order to stay in the home till I

Customer Question

The Order gave me a Martin Order to stay in the home till I die. At this point my ex would get 65%. I had to give her £2000 at once and the CSA payment of £ 126 54p I was to return to her each time I received it every month. So in effect I get no CSA now. This surprised me as it now leaves the mother providing no financial support to the child.
The child (15)lives with me full time. Seeing her mother occasionally as and when she wants. (In reality this is about an hour a month)
My concerns are 1) If I die now the mother would get the house and a large percentage where would it leave my daughter, a minor? I have nominated my 24 year old son who lives with me also as her Guardian in my Will. 2) If I choose to sell before I die, a large percentage would be unfair can I get it altered to cover this scenario?
What was the reasoning behind this odd Judgement?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am still (three weeks later) waiting for a transcript of the Order from the Court. However I believe it was to balance the finances coming to each party. To make them more 'equal'. But it now puts me, with the child to care for with just £40 a month more than the other party who rents, lives alone with no other responsibilities. I was LIP against a rather good Barrister.