13262538

Im trying to advise someone bringing a Family Law case and

I'm trying to advise someone bringing a Family Law case and I need to know if the person accused is a relative as far as the law is concerned. If I can call the person bringing the case Mrs X, the accused is Mrs X's husband's sister's husband, in other word's Mrs X's sister-in-law's husband. Does this in-law come under the legal definition of a relative?
May I ask in what way this is relevant in the case?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm not sure of all the relevant facts, but it doesn't matter now, it went to court yesterday afternoon. The question about whether an in-law could be legally regarded as a relative was brought up but I think it was decided that it was a grey area that could be argued either way.

Technically they are a relative in so far as they are part of the same family they are just not a blood relative
Please ask if there are other details needed