13262538

Recently I came to know that I have an illegitimate child in

Customer Question

Recently I came to know that I have an illegitimate child in a foreign county. He is now 22 years old. His mother (a foreign national in africa) recently contacted me via email requesting maintenance for the child. I never heard from her all this time and I am not sure whether the child is mine. If the child is mine can she claim maintenance after all these years for a child who is an adult.
I have two legitimate grown up children. This person (the mother of the alleged illegitimate child) has sent them emails in the form of treat and harassment. Is it appropriate or legal? What action I should take? Your advice on this is highly appreciated.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you.
There is no claim that this person can make in respect of back maintenance so please do not worry about that.
You should ensure that your Will is clear and you name such of your children as you wish to have a share of your estate.
The emails are indeed a form of harassment - but sadly given that she is abroad there is little that you can do about it.
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the re reply. Can I send you the email sent by her so that you can advise me on that

HI

Please do so if you wish!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I called you today and a lady picked up the phone and told me it's a wrong number.

Chandra, as mentioned in my last mail, you cannot hide from me no more as technology has improved. I am getting out of patience and wants to remind you that you have not treated me and our son Gary Linikar fairly at all. I have struggled with him for over 22 years and I deem it fit that it is now time for you to take up your responsibility as a father. I can no longer sit and encourage this from you anymore. I was calling you today to see how we can both (as parents to this boy) work out things together. As I informed you earlier, I now have all your contacts and I am going ahead to take the following actions: A) Contact the Sierra Leone Embassy in London to seek redress B) Contact the British High Commission in Sierra Leone and Sri Lanka In our telephone conversation (when you called in 2007), you told me to write down all expenses incurred from the day you left Sierra Leone ( i.e. Education, feeding, clothing, housing etc) to date.

I will make sure you pay every singly cent for all I did to get Linikar where he is today. You ruined my life so much that I was disowned by my own family and country men and since that day you ran away from me and our son, I decided not to enter into any relationship again. Linikar is the only child I have and can no longer have kids. I am so grateful to my sources of information; namely British Telecom and Mr. Sanjiva for helping me in providing all your contacts. I know your address in Sri Lanka, address and contacts in London so you cannot hide from me. I will do everything possible to succeed. You messed my life Chandra and today the poor boy ( who did not ask for his coming to this world) is suffering. I have all the necessary documents to opt for a DNA to prove the boy is your biological son.

Chandra, my sources told me you are now an old man and also informed me that Malissa is grown up and married. I have the contacts for Melissa's husband and will try to get in touch with him too. Finally, remember I am an African; don't push me to the wall too much because if I decide to go the African way, your entire family will be sorry. Good night

Do you wish to meet this young man?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No but this women is has sent an another email saying that she is planning to come to uk and seek legal proceedings. She is not British neither the child. Can she do that? I do not mind having a Skype meeting to get some solid advice
She can certainly come to the Uk but there is no Court action that she can take because the child is over 18.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. I am willing to pay you for me and my wife to talk to you via Skype to get some solid advice as to what action if any we should take prior to her arrival. ( she might not come at all but as a precaution),

Rgds.
Chandra
You need do nothing at all - and if she does turn up simply call the police - you do not have to speak to her and she has no right to contact you.
Do please make sure that you have made a Will to ensure that this young man does not receive a share of your estate unless you wish to do so
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you kindly. Are you especial in writing will so that I can proceed with that straight away. If you are not can you recommend some one close to Reading Berkshire.
Once the will is written and registered can a court can order a change in that will while you are live.

K rgds.
Chandra
We are not allowed any contact outside of the forum I am afraid
It is many years since I was in reading but Blandy and Blandy: Rowberry Morris and Field Seymour Parkes are all still in existence
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you kindly for your invaluable advice
K rgds.
Chandra
You are most welcome - I hope all goes well
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you kindly. I have already done the last will and locked away. I will come back to you if any help is needed.
Regards.
Chandra
HI
I hope all goes well