13262538

Finalised divorce in May this year. Since Oct 2013 have been

Customer Question

Finalised divorce in May this year. Since Oct 2013 have been paying csa £503 per month for children. Divorce states I have to pay toward school uniforms and trips but when paperwork was set up for divorce I was only paying £350 per month maintenance. After decree nisi wife applied to csa and they take this money from wages each month. Do I still have to keep paying more for school uniforms and trips??? I just don't have any more and she has a new partner so what can I do please??????? Thanks James
What is the exact wording of the Court oRder on this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

AND UPON the Parties having agreed to each bear half the cost of any school trips/activities and half the cost of the children's school uniform (for the start of each academic year in September)

Thanks James

When was the Order made?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

2nd May 2014

I am sorry - I am confused - how much were you paying in maintenance when the Order was made in May?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Arrangement order for children went to court when I was paying £350 per month as agreed. Between time of arrangement order and divorce settlement wife contacted csa and since October they have been taking £503 per month direct from employer.

When was the Consent Order actually sent to court?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Decree Nisi issued 20/12/2013.

Arrangements for children statement 22/03/2013 when agreed to pay £350.00 per month.

Final Consent Order 2/05/2013 stating previous paragraph.

James

I am afraid that you are bound by the Order - which is not unusual even where full maintenance is being paid.
Had your ex applied to the CSA AFTER the Order had been made then you would have had potential grounds to seek a variation, but in fact it was made many months afterwards following a process in which you could have renegotiated the issue but did not do so.
I am sorry - I am aware that this is not what you wish to hear, but I am afraid that I have to be honest about the position that you are in
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you you confirmed what I feared was right, but thought it would be best to have it verified.

You are welcome - I am sorry that the news was not better