13262538

My wife sand I are going through a bad patch at the moment,the

My wife sand I are going through a bad patch at the moment,the house is in her name she pays the mortgage but I am not on the council tax she is claims a single person rate, I no she is wrong in doing this and I've told her,
I have lived with her for 10 years now, 3& a half of them we have been married,we have 2 boys, aged 7-8, not that this is what I want but if we spilt up and divorce would I be intitled to claime anything off her for the ten years I've put in to the house? I havint done any thing wrong to bring the spilt on and I have that in black and white, I am just seeing what my opinions would be
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi house worth 130, thousand aprox, outstanding mortgage is about 35.000, no debts only are own personal ones, my income is Aprox 25.000, wife's is aprox 10,000 but on top of that she gets child tax credits aswell .
I am only after just basic information at the moment as I want to work things out , so just want to use up the £28 pounds payed at the moment
In the event of a divorce you do indeed have a financial claim on the matrimonial home - and could possibly achieve a 30% share of the equity.
However the priority for the court is the safe and secure housing of the children until they are 18 - so any payment would be received only after the youngest child turns 18 - or your ex co-habits.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details