James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I have a 10 years old child lives in a residential home under

Customer Question

I have a 10 years old child lives in a residential home under section 20 that gives a share parental between my self and social worker the social worker ceased me from taking my child out for the day to spend some time with us out with out giving any reason
Why is the child is a residential home and what reason was given for the refusal?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

e is in residential home because he has developed challenging behavior lately. due to bad handling of his school, so we agreed to residential instead of careres residing at our home Haron has been at the residential home for 4 weeks he was taken out of the house twice as they always short staffed we took him out for a walk with his sisters as his sisters cant visit him according to the home rules the social worker objected to this and threatened us with to take full parental care and she ceased us from taking him out with out giving any reason we still dont know why she objected for taking him out as there is no reason Haron was sent to residential under section 20

When is the next review meeting?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the last review took a place on August 28th I was not in the review as I rejected to have a meeting with the social worker we replaced a complaint to her manager and we asked for the social worker to be changed an they refused thy did not inform me when the next review Haron been at the residential for 4 weeks next review should be when he complete 3 months at the residential

I am sorry - do you mean you refused to attend the review because the Social Worker had not been changed?
Have you been warned in writing about the risk of Care Proceedings?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes I did not attend because we where verbally threatened by the social worker many times over the phone that she will have a parental care and she will not make us see him and because we dont know much about the law we believed her we lost trust with her first time she came to my house to interduce her self to us she asked to sit with my girls to talk to them in there room and she told me that she searched the cabinet in the room and when I asked she should ask for permission she said she can do any thing she want to make sure Im looking after my kids and she was asking my girls some silly questions such as does your mother force you to fast ramadan does she buy you toys and when we I signed the paper work for section 20 for my son she said be happy that your son under your parental care because if social services take care for your son and I feel that I want to feed him pork I will do although you Muslim and you dont eat pork and she started to laugh I lost trust with her we spoke to her manager she promised she will look in to it but nothing happened that was the reason I did not attend the meeting as I lost trust with her I was worried that she will make me agree or sign for things that we should not . a day before the meeting we where promised by her manager that she will attend on the social worker behalf as we went to the meeting the social worker and the school who is under investigation that they abused my son by bruising his arm while restraining him are in the meeting we did not want to attend as we lost trust in both and we did not want to agree for any thing could destroy my sons future. instead we met with the review manager made our situation clear to her that we where promised that this particular social worket would not be present nor would the school I was not informed in writing or verbally about any care procedures risk

Exactly how did you come to agree to the Section 20 decision?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was told by the social worker I either I either accept a residential home for my son, or they'll commence with a child protection plan over all of my children, and say that he was being aggressive towards his sisters when he was not. They used to send carers into my house 24hrs a day. I lost my privacy and my space and I had no life with two carers walking in and out of my house all the time.

Are you willing to now risk Care Proceedings?