13262538

I am in the process of divorce and my wife wants me it have

I am in the process of divorce and my wife wants me it have one shared evening meal a week and every other weekend a Saturday morning to a Sunday evening.
I feel that this severing my relationship with the kids. I want shared so Mon & Tues with their Mum, Wed & Thurs with me and a rolling weekend.
We both work full time but thinks as the children are 5 & 7 they should be with her during the week and her family offering the the support after school.
Is joint child arrangements considered or do the courts prefer one parent having residency during the school week?
How were the children cared for before the separation?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
During the week my parents (2days) and my wife's parents (3 days) split the days to look after them. Now they are full time school as of September.
Going forward is what will be decided via the divorce
Will you be living close enough for a shared care arrangement to work?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes
There is no "set" pattern of contact - since every family is different.
Parents are expected to make their own arrangements as to how the children share their time between them - using Family mediation if necessary (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk)
If no agreement can be reached then an application needs to be made to the court for a Child Arrangement Order - details here
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/cb001-eng.pdf
Given that you both work full time and both have parents who have been actively involved with the care of the children there is no reason why your suggestion should not work - another option could be alternate weekends from Friday to Monday plus every thursday night and half of all school holidays which is a very common option.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details