Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Me and my partner are splitting up and he wants to sign his

Customer Question

Me and my partner are splitting up and he wants to sign his half of the house which we own out right over to my daughter who is 21.what do we have to do
Are you married, how much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the marriage?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No we are not married.we have been together for 36 years.we own the house.he doesn't want any money at all.he wants to sign his half to our daughter and she will then own half with me.I don't know how much it is worth but it is over £125,000.

Does your daughter live with you at the moment?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes she does

I have to ask - have you thought through the question of what will happen if she wishes to move on - does she accept that she will only get her share when you are ready to leave yourself?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Her and her brother won't get the house until we both die.it will be put in a will

Until who dies?