13262538

Today i have just opened a letter from the courts, its a decree

Today i have just opened a letter from the courts, its a decree for divorce and an order that i pay the cost of the petitioner (my wife) The date of the hearing is tomorrow 5th Sept Certificate of entitlement to a decree All i want to know is, this is purely to make the divorce legal and the costs associated with it are the cost in dealing directly with the divorce and not about dividing assets. Regarding the assets.... what happened's from when we are divorced..? for example any money i make... i have an existing business which i know my wife is entitled to 50% of my shares.. but if i start another business after my divorce i'm presuming that this is a separate element to what was happening from before when i was married. another example would be my divorce is Friday what happens if i win the lottery Saturday? I just want to be very clear where i stand financially after my divorce on Friday this week

My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
You are correct this refers only to the costs of the actual divorce itself - nothing else.
Please also be aware that tomorrow is the Decree Nisi - and you will not be divorced until there is a Decree Absolute - which will be at least six weeks and possible a great deal longer
If you and your ex cannot agree on the financial issues and it goes to court then the court will look at ALL assets that you each have at that time.
Please ask if you need further details