13262538

I got divorced 7 years ago. We have an agreement about the

I got divorced 7 years ago. We have an agreement about the financial side of providing for our 3 children. We chose this way rather than going through the CSA. Now My ex husband is changing the amount he gives me due to him having another child and also has included a reduction as he says he can do this to pay for travel costs between our homes. Just want to know can he just do that as he has decided to or can i do something?
How much doe she earn gross per annum and how much is he currently paying?
How many nights a month do the children spend with him?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Claire

my ex husband gets approx 50,000 a year. He pays me 386.00 a month for two children my third eldest child doesn't qualify as he is at uni. Our arrangement is he has them every Wednesday evening and every other wknd which is Friday and Saturday overnight. I just need to know if he can just reduce the amount he gives me by using csa rules considering we have an agreement and did not go down the csa road.

Alison

I am afraid that even if there was a Court Order in place he would now be entitled to ask the CMS (new CSA) to complete an assessment.
I am sorry - I know that this was not the news you were hoping for.
However I believe that your ex is likely to be disappointed as my assessment makes his payment a good deal higher than his assessment
You can complete your own assessment using the calculation here
http://www.nacsa.co.uk/index.php/cs3-outline/cs3-calculations
Please ask if you need further details